Saturday, January 31, 2009

Birthday PARTY

Today we had Gracie's third birthday party.  It was such a GREAT day.  It was the first year that I think she really got what was going on.  She has been talking about this party for weeks.  When she woke this morning she noticed a bounce house in the backyard.  She was in awe.  She first ask if it was for her birthday.  Then asked if daddy fixed it...meaning did he put it up.  With a HUGE smile on her face, she then said, "Cool Mommy"!  Priceless.  
As I was getting Grace dressed for the day she came up to me and starting hugging my neck.  The hug by itself just melts my heart.  But then in the sweetest voice she said, "Thank you for Gracie's party Mommy".  I hope I remember that moment forever.  It brings tears to my eyes for the graditude she has at such a young age.
Grace played in her bounce house off and on all day long.  She was excited to go get balloons and have Aunt KK and Uncle Eric over to help out.  Right at party time she started looking out the window.  She was excited to see her first friend drive up.  My shy girl greeted the family at the front door.  After several people had come she found me to announce..."My guys are here mommy!".  
Grace was very good sharing everything with all her friends.  She loved playing outside.  She showed little nervousness with everyone singing happy birthday to her and was so excited to open presents that she didn't even eat any cake.  As soon as gifts were over she was back to the bounce house.  
What a great day.  Thank you to all for coming to make this day so special!
This was not all the kids but pretty close to it.  
Olivia, Riley, Aidan, Brennan, Keeton, Grace, Hudson, Aneliese, Maddox
(missing is Miller, Cory, Erin, Tyler and Owen)
The theme for the party started out as safari but slowly turned into zebra.  I loved the color combination for the black, white and hot pink.  It all turned out so cute.




Love, Love, Love the cake!
















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this bday theme is super cute. might have to steal the idea at some point. :-) and, my long hair is reason to cut ella's. what was i thinking??

Mommy said...

Hi Amy! I am not sure how I came across your blog, but I follow it because you have the most beautiful little girls. I have two girls also. By the way...I love how you dress them! So cute! Anyway...my daughter Ashley wants a zebra party and noticed you did this theme for your girl. Did you make that cake? Is just adorable! Where did you buy balloons and stuff to decorate?? Thank you and hope you don't mind some stranger mommy checking on your family :)

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I did a zebra party this past year for my 2 year old!!! It is such a cute theme!!!! Your cake was awesome!

Annie said...

It was a beautiful theme. I like it.

Thanks for sharing.

Happy Wednesday