Saturday, January 31, 2009

Retirement

On Friday my dad retired from Chick-fil-a.  He has been there for 25 years.  Chick-fil-a has been a big part of my life growing up.  The Celebration given for him was AWESOME.  It was very special to hear how much of a difference my dad had made in so many peoples life's.  And I loved hearing my dad speak encouraging words to those he is leaving.  I know my dad will miss everyone he has worked with for so many years but we sure are excited to have him around more!

My two favorite men with my little lady.
The girls did pretty well.  It was awesome that the staff had set up goodies for the grandkids.  But I have to give a big thanks to Jenny and Trish for taking my girls so I could listen to my dad.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ugh. i am sick that i missed this celebration. your dad is one of the legends at chick-fil-a and frankly, a legend in this world. he is one of a kind. i have such admiration and respect for him, his hard work, his integrity, his love for your mom and all of you. congrats! i know he's thrilled to have even more time to play with your kids.

Joni said...

congrats to your dad! that is exciting and bittersweet at the same time.