Friday, March 28, 2008

Four Weeks Old


Olivia is four weeks old today! She loves to eat. She continues to think she needs to eat every two hours but just in the last day or two I have been able to hold her off for 2 1/2 to three hours during the day. We are also working on a routine during the day. I don't want her to learn to be rocked to sleep or to fall asleep while eating. So we eat, have activity time for forty five minutes to an hour then nap. I continue to be able to swaddle and lay down for naps. She is beginning to like her paci more, so many times I have to continue to go in and place it in her mouth.
When she is awake she is VERY alert. She does not like her swing or little seat but likes to lay on her back on the baby mat.
She went into to the doctor today for her one month check up. She weighed in at 10lb 2.5oz and was 22 1/2 in long. That puts her in the 80th percentile for weight and 85th for height. I can't remember the measurement for her head but it was in the 25th percentile. She was diagnosed with reflux. The way I knew is because one- Grace had it and I knew what to look for, two - she wants to always sit straight up, three - she is a big spit up baby, four - she becomes very fussy during the day when in pain. The doctor gave us some medicine ($50 a month but we are bitter about it) and told me that if I pump some milk and feed a bottle I can put some cereal in it to help with the acid and spit up.
She it starting to give us more smiles but hands down, Gracie gets the most smiles from her. Grace is the best big sister. I have not had to get on to her about being rough or to loud. I am not nervous at all with her being around the baby. To bad she is not years ahead, she will make a great babysitter.

0 comments: