Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Eye Doctor

***YES, I changed my blog background again. I loved the layout and header that Hilary made me but my newborn is changing daily and I couldn't figure out how to change her picture on the header. I also love change...you will probably see if change again in a few short months.

Today I took Grace to the eye doctor to get the red bump on her left eye checked. I got nervous yesterday when I had to sign an agreement that this appointment would last approximately 2 hours. My mom took Olivia for me, I put on my big girl panties and we went to our appointment. I was very impressed with the office and doctor and because of the staff Grace did awesome. They dilated her eyes, checked her vision and the red bump. The doctor said it is a chronic stye and could be there for months. If she was an adult they would just drain it, but for a young child you can't "just" drain it. They would have to put her to sleep to drain it. The worst case scenario of not draining it is it could become infected before it completely goes away, but all that means is she would get antibiotics for a couple of days. I'll take an infection over sedation any day.


I put Olivia in her Bumbo seat yesterday for the first time. I think she is still a little too young for it but she loved being in for the short time.




2 comments:

Amy said...

Amy, Your kids are so photogenic! They are beautiful and you take great pictures!! What kind of camera are you using most of the time??

Anonymous said...

I love your new blog background! I need you to update mine sometime:) We miss y'all and can't wait to see you on Sunday!
Love, Carrie