Friday, February 29, 2008

Olivia Rae Maddox

She is HERE! A Leap Year Baby!!!

Olivia was born today at 11:46 am this morning at Gwinnett Medical. I was 38 weeks and 3 days and 6 days short of my scheduled c-section.

My water broke at 6am this morning. We took Grace to our friends Phil and Jennifer. My parents drove in from the lake and Aunt Carrie drove in from South Carolina. Both got here in time for the delivery.

Olivia is a big baby 9lbs 1oz and 20 1/2 inches long. She has tons of dark hair especially on the back of her head.

We are hoping Grace will be making it up this afternoon to visit.

My last pregnancy picture...taken right before we left the house. Notice the unfinished floors.

Getting ready for surgery.
I'll save you the birthing pictures so I'll go right to the scales. What a chunker, good thing she didn't have another week to grow.


Picture with Dr. Fountain. He did a great job, I have such a wonderful doctor.

Proud grandparents of third grandchild.

More pictures coming soon!


8 comments:

Hilary said...

Congratulations! Happy birthday Olivia! She must be one special little girl to be born on a day that only occurs once every four years. Enjoy your new little one =)

Unknown said...

Yea! She is here. We can't wait to meet her. Danica will be so thrilled to have a new playmate. We are so glad everything went well. I know you guys are so overwhelmed. She is beautiful. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations........Marcia and I can't beleive how fast you got this blog out. What a beautiful child with so much hair. We are amazed at how beautiful she is and only a couple of hours old.

Another one of God's miricles.

Love Pops and Grand MiMi.

me said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I can not wait to get my hands on her!!!
Love--
Mellen

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! I can't believe she's here! I've been wondering how Leap Year Babies work their birthdays -- now you can tell me! :-)

She is absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see pics of the sisters together!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you. It looks like Olivia might have a mind of her own since she did not come according to your plan. Watch out! Seriously, we are so excited for you, but Hunter is going to be upset she came early. He was excited about sharing his birthday with Olivia. She is so beautiful. Congratulations.

Mark, Donna, Hunter, & Jordan

Rauscher Family said...

Congratulations! You are going to love having two little ones. I wouldn't change having mine so close for anything. Ethan is a great helper and loves his sister so much. Love the Rauscher's family

Anonymous said...

We have been tuning in all day. Proud of you guys. We love you.
Olivia is adorable give her a kiss from us. Congratulations.
Love, Grandmimi and PoPs