Saturday, January 02, 2010

Looking back on 2009

January - This month was a big month! My dad retired from Chick-fli-a. A place that we called family growing up. It was a bitter sweet day. And God's timing could not of been better. He knows what He is doing. February - My sweet girl Olivia turned one! We celebrated with family and friends with a cupcake birthday party. This year has been SO much fun with her. I think the toddler stage is one of my favorite. So much happens those first two years.
March - Grace started playing soccer. It was a mommy and me class and I am not sure who was more proud...Grace or daddy. She did really well at the beginning of the class, following directions and playing with mommy or daddy. But by the end of the eight weeks when they were having little games, she quit, she did not like the competition. In September of this year she started ballet. I love the fact that she is able to explore different activities this young.
April - We were visited with special guest this month, Chad's brother and soon to be wife and stepson. It was so great meeting Niki and Anthony and to find out a few months later that they were part of our family. We couldn't of been happier for Ryan. And I might add that I gained a great sister in law! I also enjoyed watching how each of them interacted with my girls.
May - Mother's Day was special to me this year just to be able to hang out with just my little family. They mean the world to me and I couldn't be in a happier place then with the all of them. This picture below was a Grayson Park and you can just see how happy everybody was that day!
June - Our annual beach trip was again fantastic! I am so lucky to have such great parents who give us this trip. The only thing missing with Chad. This year had it's highs and lows as Chad lost his job in February and then found a new job in April...a great new job. When God closes one door He opens another. His plans are always the best.
July - Chad and I celebrated eleven years together! He is truly the man on my dreams and I am so glad I have this life to spend with him.
August - We were able to be with family in August to celebrate Tyler's first birthday. It is amazing to me to be able to share with my sister the journey of motherhood with our two kids. They both are only a few months apart and even though their is a difference between little girls and little boys our common goal is the same.
September - Grace started her second year of preschool. I am completely in love with her teachers and her school. Grace does so well there and looks forward to the three days she gets to go. I can't wait to send Olivia this September.
October - Grace was in a beautiful wedding. It made a mama proud to be asked for her child to be in it. She did absolutely amazing and she couldn't of been in a more perfect wedding. Heather and Drew have becomes one of our best friends and my girl's favorite people. So glad God put them in our life's.
November - Thanksgiving was a little different this year. Because of my mom's health we were not able to get together with family this year. BUT it was amazing to see our church family stepped in. We had a great time with friends and saw just how important God's family is to us.
December - The end of the year was amazing to me. Christmas was AWESOME! But the best part of this month was seeing my mom enjoy Christmas after several weeks of feeling really bad. The picture below is at Grace's preschool program and we weren't sure my parents would be there. I am so glad they were.

I know God has some amazing things in store for our family in the year 2010. I can't wait for it all to unfold and to see how He uses each one of us. My prayer is for us to be happy, healthy and to open to His plans. I also prayer that God lays His hand on my mom and the doctors to find out what is going on with her and to heal her.

1 comments:

Mommy said...

So fun reading about your 2009 year! Looks like it was loads of fun! All the best in 2010!!!